Well done, you’re having a baby! If this is your first baby, you’ll be spending some money for the things your new addition will need but don’t spend a lot of money on a maternity wardrobe. Here are a few tips that will help you conserve a lot of money on your clothes.
One of the most important matters to remember about this time in your life is that you have been really only going to need true maternal clothes for about four to five months. What you need about your needs. Don’t buy costly maternity clothes for “just within case” events unless you know likely to really need it.
Don’t assume that all you can purchase are clothes labeled ‘maternity’ especially in the first few months when you might need a bit more room but you’re not looking really pregnant yet. Many styles, like the newer baby-doll shirts allow a generous bit of fabric within the front. The same applies to pants in this early on, you might need a bit of stretch in the waist but you won’t fill out maternity pants yet. Pants with elastic waist bands will fit the bill.
Let me touch briefly on saving some money on bras and undergarments while you’re pregnant. Don’t spend money on maternal underwear. They’re designed to stretch out more than your tummy but it’s really much more comfortable and easier to wear bikini under garments and let it sit under your belly (trust me and lots of other females on this one). You’ll find that early on, your breasts will get larger and you’ll need to go up in cup-size. Later on, likely to notice that you might not need a larger glass size but you’ll need a bit more space around. Don’t go out and buy another brand-new bra. You can find bra extenders from sewing centers. They don’t require stitching and just connect to your current bra at the hook and loops. They are about $2 compared to $30+ for new bras.
Here are the other ideas to help you save lots of money on maternity clothes:
1) Lend clothes from friends – Our girlfriend started her family prior to I did and she actually offered her maternity clothes to me to use within my pregnancy. In the same way, I offered the girl some of my own maternity clothes whenever she was pregnant after me personally.
If you liked this posting and you would like to get extra information about Carry Maternity kindly go to the internet site.
We actually exchanged the same clothing four times before I delivered them onto my sister-in-law and she and her friends exchanged all of them several more times.
When applying for maternity clothes, DO make sure to care for the clothes and launder all of them properly. Make sure to return them for all those done using them unless you’ve already been clearly told not to return all of them (I was a bit upset when a coworker gave away some of my maternity clothes without my okay because she thought we were completed having children).
2) Thrift shops – So many women quickly eliminate their maternity clothes when they think they’re done having kids. Imply want to look at the “fat clothes” any more. Although I wasn’t in the market for business-type maternity clothes, I was amazed at how inexpensive some of those types of maternity clothes were (after having seen them intended for full-price in a maternity clothing store).
3) Consignment shops – Occasionally you might need a dress or clothing for a special occasion. My brother was engaged and getting married when I was VERY pregnant with our third and I chose to not be the bridesmaid but was going to do a reading through and needed something special. I discovered some very nice maternity “special occasion” dresses at a local consignment shop for a fraction of their original price.
4) eBay – If you do a lookup of “maternity clothes lot size ___”, you’ll find a large selection of maternity clothing available. You can find sellers looking to market “lots” of clothing or personal pieces.
5) Craigslist. org — Craig list is a great place to look for a lot of things, not just maternity clothes. You can search your area of the state plus contact most sellers through the e-mails provided. Many sellers are looking to market entire wardrobes for very little. Intended for safety, never meet up with any vendor alone and don’t tell the seller your exact address.